9715 St. Clair River Road
Our building was originally a boat Livery in 1933. A German immigrant, Ray Hegle and his wife rented boats and later began to cook some of the fish that people caught. They eventually added sandwiches and hamburgers to their menu. During the Second World War, they began serving drinks and held hours aside for dancing with friends and family. Ray and his wife sold the entire property to Sid in 1945.
Sid's On The Seaway 1945-1976
Sid changed the name to Sid’s, and later to Sid’s on the Seaway. Between Mr. James Mattas and himself, the restaurant operated as Sid’s from 1945 to 1976. Mr. Mattas involved his son, Chuck, in the business.